Search This Blog

Monday, March 30, 2015

Pâtisserie Florentine: A Little Piece of Paris


Englewood, NJ is filled with lots of storefront boutiques and restaurants. Tucked away on 10 South Dean Street, this quaint bakery/bistro will make you feel like you're somewhere in the middle of France.



The interior of Pâtisserie Florentine is decorated with a blend of rustic and contemporary styles. Paintings line the white, exposed brick walls and a book sits on the ledge as you walk in, welcoming guests to scribble a message if they wish.  






Upon walking in we chose our own table and a waitress quickly came to take our order. I ordered a cappuccino to drink and the croque tuna sandwich. My mom ordered the soup du jour, which was butternut squash. For dessert we shared a napoleon pastry. 

Cappuccino - $3.95
My cappuccino was good but nothing special - just your run of the mill cappuccino in my opinion. They do have a lot of other specialty coffee drinks as well though.


Croque Tuna Sandwich w/ side salad - $7.95

Butternut Squash soup - $5.25
The food was very flavorful and fresh tasting. The dressing on the side salad that came with my tuna was a little too bitter for me, but that is just a matter of taste. The brioche that the tuna was served on was delicious and felt like it had just been baked. My mom really enjoyed her soup and the squash seeds that it was garnished with. The soup was served with a side of olive bread as well. 

Napolean - $4.50
Finally, my sweet tooth was satisfied with this yummy Napolean. The custard filling was creamy and sweet and the flaky pastry also tasted delicious. I was thrown off by there not being icing on top, as there usually is with the Italian version of this pastry, but I think it was sweet enough without it. 




Chef preparing baked goods at the rear of restaurant

As you can see, they have a ton of other bakery items and breakfast/lunch dishes on the menu too. Click here to see the full menu on their website! 

Between the food and the atmosphere of this place I think I have found my new favorite eat-in bakery in this area. I definitely recommend it if you like fresh baked goods or if you are a lover of French culture!


Take Note:

  • The hours of operation are 7:00am - 5:30pm Tuesday through Saturday & 7:30am - 5:30pm Sunday. They are closed on Monday.
  • There is street parking with meters and a parking garage located on the same street. Parking in the garage or on the street is free every evening after 6pm & all day Sunday.
  • They have free Wifi if you want to bring your laptop and hang out. 

They are on Yelp too and currently have a 4.5 out of 5 stars rating! Check them out to find out more and see what other foodies have to say!

No comments:

Post a Comment